So is direct mailing a thing of the past? Not according to your audience!
- Fact - 44% of customers visit a brand's website after receiving direct-mail marketing. If you knew you could get 4 in 10 people to visit your website with a simple postcard campaign, would you do it? That's 10% more than people who visit a brand/s website after receiving an email.
- Fact - 48% of people retain direct mail for future references. Even if your direct-mail marketing doesn't yield an immediate response, customer will remember you when it's time to buy.
- Fact - For every $167 spent on direct mail, U.S. marketers sell $2,095 in goods. That is 1,300% return on investment - Does Facebook and AdWords efforts payoff?
- Fact - 56% of customer find print marketing to be the most trustworthy type of marketing. Statistics are showing printing is a great way to build trust with customers.
Direct mailing in today's market
Like most commercial printing companies, we too are trying to find our way as technology continues to change and understand the viability of printing and direct mailing in today's market. The above statistics have come from an article that was published by DMR, Stats & Gadgets, written by Brian Morris. We are constantly looking for information that is relevant between print an social/electronic media. Some feel electronic media has become a viable solution to replacing print due to the rising costs not only in the printing industry but also in postal rates. This is true but what effect does it have on your marketing plan?
We aim to educate our customers so they can make informed decisions for their marketing agenda. Our research is continuing to show the it requires multiple forms of media to form a strong campaign for your nonprofits mission or your products that you are selling.
Our mailing team has over 35 years experience in direct marketing which allows us to be able to keep you current with policies and regulations that are always changing in accordance with the Post Office. There is a huge difference between a mailing list and a database. The difference can impact the success of your direct mail and marketing programs. A mailing list consists of names and addresses. A database can include customer history, buying preferences, purchasing frequency, source of names and much more.
Demographics and psychographics can be appended to a customer list, giving you an insight to your customers life-style. Similar lists can then be rented to match their profile so future direct mail efforts generate better results. Sales volume, number of employees, SIC codes and other information can also be appended to a business customer or prospect list, giving you much more data. This data can be analyzed and used to determine potential clients.
If you are serious about getting the best results from your customer and prospect lists, we can help with:
- Data analysis
- Data cleansing
- Database design
- Data enhancement
- Database management and storage
- Data preparation and segmentation
- Data strategy
We are certified for Zip+4, Delivery Point Barcode and Carrier Route services on your mailing list by the USPS.. This process is needed to qualify your mailing list for automation barcode discounts and/or carrier route discounts. Your file must be CASS Certified within six months of your mailing date for barcode discounts and within 90 days for Carrier Route rates.
CASS (Coding Accuracy Support System) standardizes your addresses to Postal Service specifications. It abbreviates directionals and suffixes such as Avenue, Drive, etc. The system appends the correct Zip+4 and Delivery Point Codes, Carrier Routes and Line-of-Travel order. In the case of high rises and office buildings, it even assigns the correct Zip+4 and Barcodes to ranges of floor numbers, company names, etc.
DSF (Delivery Sequence File) is required to mail at saturation and high density carrier route rates. This process puts your list in the EXACT order the carrier delivers his/her route. You must mail to a minimum of 150 addresses on a route to qualify for these rates. We can help you determine if you will qualify for these rates.
National Change of Address (NCOA)
Between 12% and 18% of individuals change address during the year. The percentage varies by region of the country and socio-economic factors. The reasons include death, relocating, marriage, divorce, etc.
NCOA provides the following benefits to mailers:
- Reduces undeliverable mail by providing the most current address information for matches made to the NCOA file.
- Prevents duplicate mail pieces or re-mailings after address corrections are received because the address correction is applied prior to the mailing.
- Reduces mailer costs by reducing the number of undeliverable and duplicate mailpieces by using most current address information.
- Provides the opportunity for faster product/service marketing through accurate mail delivery.
If you do not keep your customer or prospect list current, the chances are that more than ten percent of your mailing is wasted, resulting in poorer response less business and unneeded costs. The most economical and effective way to keep your list up to date is NCOA or National Change of Address. With this service, your client’s or prospect’s address is updated… the old is replaced with the new. The changes can be appended to your mailing list and imported back into your system or we can provide a hard copy for you to key-in. We suggest this be done prior to printing your piece so your will know how many should be printed.
All mailings must be updated every 90 days to meet the USPS’ Move Update Requirement. NCOA will keep you in compliance with USPS, don’t risk being fined by the USPS.
Personalized URL marketing provides powerful on-line response channel for direct mail. We can help you design your complete campaign. Most direct mail campaigns neglect the large percentage of recipients who prefer to respond on-line. Sending them to a same-to-all corporate web site just isn’t good enough for today’s web-savvy audience. Personalized URL Marketing engages these highly valuable prospects with their own VIP landing pages.
A PURL uses the same data you use to personalise and customise your mail, to personalize and customize a personal landing page for each name on your mailing list. This means each person who receives a mailing from you can open their own personalised landing page as a response device to order, inquire, complete a survey, download or access further information and more.
The very personal nature of the PURL tends to increase responses to traditional mail campaigns, because the body language of the PURL says “this is only for you”.
A typical PURL campaign includes:
- Personalised mailpack
- Landing page
- Unique campaign URL
- PURL formatting and set-up
- PURL hosting
- 24/7 secure tracking and reporting service
I would like to get additional information on your mailing services
Please call us at (440) 591-5443 or fill out the form below and we will contact you immediately.